View Single Post
Old
12-17-2012, 03:57 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CootaRoo View Post
Eh, maybe it was the Phillies shades of the forums I inhabit, but I read countless debates about whether Brown or Taylor was the better prospect - with both being all-stars, of course.

I mean, hindsight is 20/20, but I'm trying to put myself back in the mindset of when that Halladay trade went through and I just can't help but remember how highly I regarded the prospects leaving the org (particuliarly Drabek).
Yeah, I had high hopes for Taylor as well, but I always had doubts about his game at the highest level. He was a big recruit coming out of HS, went to Stanford and under performed, got drafted and pretty much dominated, and then he got to AAA and fell on his face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
the deal is done. Dickey gets a 2 year/25 million dollar extension with Toronto.
Hard to believe Alderson squeezed 2 top prospects for Dickey when many thought he couldnt.
Thole and Buck both suck so that is a wash. Guess there is a PTBN prospect on both sides included in the deal as well.
Thole was a package deal with Dickey- he's his personal catcher lol. I'm just glad the Mets didn't get Gose too. That would have been awful.

Baseball America released the Phillies top 10 prospects today: http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...3/2614445.html

Quote:
1. Jesse Biddle, lhp
2. Roman Quinn, ss
3. Tommy Joseph, c
4. Jon Pettibone, rhp
5. Adam Morgan, lhp
6. Ethan Martin, rhp
7. Cody Asche, 3b
8. Maikel Franco, 3b
9. Darin Ruf, 1b/of
10. Carlos Tocci, of