View Single Post
Old
12-17-2012, 04:50 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkey Town 18 View Post
I'm pretty sure his "already" was not in reference to this voting round, but in reference to before we add one or two of the 80's/90's goalies whom you had ranked behind Vachon and Giacomin.
Yeah, I wasn't at all clear there, but thanks for parsing my poor wording and figuring out what I actually meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
To add to this point, Thomas was an ECAC 1st Team All-Star twice, a NCAA East 2nd team All-Star once, an NCAA East 1st Team All-Star once, voted the best goalie in the FEL in 1998, and was voted the best player by both the media and the players in the FEL while there during the 2004-05 lockout. I'm not saying this to prove anything other than that he was consistently dominant wherever he played, at least judging by awards
The only one of those that I think is meaningful in an All-Time context is being voted the best player in the FEL during the lockout when there were NHL-calibre players in the FEL. The minor league stuff is meaningless when we're talking players of this calibre, IMO - it might be different if it were the AHL in the Original 6 era, but it isn't.

Being voted best goalie in the FEL in 1998 COULD be meaningful if it was over someone who was NHL-calibre, but I highly doubt it was.

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote