View Single Post
Old
12-17-2012, 06:35 PM
BillD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
interesting.

I never saw that ability in the NHL, mind you, it was only a brief stint. Seems to lack the hockeyIQ to be an offensive threat in the NHL even though he's got the speed, size and hands to play in the NHL.

That may come in time though.

Players with size and speed and hands have the POTENTIAL to create time/space for themselves. Some are better than others and some "get it" faster than others.

I like Ullstrom. He fills a need on the Islanders, if he can make it and play consistently.
I think that Ullstrom has shown a small sample that he has the tools to be an effective NHL forward. In fact, he was our second fastest skater behind Grabs. With that speed and being 6'3", he could be a very steady 3rd line all zone player, or at worst, an upgrade 4th liner.
Bergenheim had more pressure to produce being that he was the #22 O/A pick in 2003, and last season he showed that he might be a late bloomer, unfortunately for Florida.
I like the all zone ability of Ullstrom and believe that he might be a real staple on an all Swede 3rd line with Sundstrom and Persson.