View Single Post
Old
12-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I can't get on board with a trade unless is is a crazy crazy bargain. The Jets simply don't have the roster or system depth to make a substantial move.

The only real redundancy they have is in bottom 6 players and right handed PP defenders. Moving anyone else screws and already shallow talent pool.
The other thing stopping a major move too is Chevy doesn't have to make a major trade to 'save his job' like Lombardi felt compelled to do. Granted the Kings were much closer and had significant pieces in place already, but they were sputtering for most of the year until a few moves were made (Sutter/Carter).

The Jets can be patient and add prospects and take the 2 or 3 more years to see how close they are.

But i like the moves the Kings made, moving young virtually unproven players for key support guys that helped win the cup. Boston did something similar, the year before with Kelly and Peverley - and Horton & Campbell prior to the season.

I look forward to when the Jets are in that type of situation, where a deal or two makes the difference in being a playoff team to a legit cup contender.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote