View Single Post
Old
12-17-2012, 08:42 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
The only teams that should move are Phoenix and Florida. The state of Florida can only really support 1 team, and Tampa is in a much better state than Florida. Phoenix should either be dissolved or moved, simple as that. Sorry Bettman, hockey just can't survive in the desert. You can't just throw a team in the middle of nowhere and expect people to go. You have to grow the amateur/junior programs in that area. That's what they did in Dallas, and that's why they are pretty successful for a southern team.

I'd listen to a case to move the Blue Jackets as well. I don't think it's an issue of location for them, they have just had a terrible team that has been run terribly. Kinda like the Pirates. I'd move the Panthers to Quebec City, the Yotes to Seattle and, if needed, I'd move the Jackets to Hamilton. If Ontario can make 1 bad team one of the most profitable in the league, why can't they do it with 2.
Florida and Columbus are both pretty darn safe from being moved due to corporate sponsorship and arena deals. There is a list of teams that are more likely to be relocated including teams like New Jersey and Anaheim. Not saying either is likely to be moved; just more likely than Florida or Columbus.