View Single Post
Old
12-17-2012, 08:47 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
Fair points, but remember, we did re-sign Guerin after the cup run. I would be against signing Knuble if we wouldn't have done that. My point is that the Pens have done it before, so why can't they do it again? And if you didn't notice, teams were relatively quiet this offseason, so I'm not surprised that many of those players aren't signed yet. No one knows what the cap will do with the new CBA.
we did it before and it did not work out well. Knuble has lost his wheels even more than Guerin had his last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
Agree to disagree on that then. If someone like Iginla or Clowe becomes available, I'd want the Pens to pounce on that immediately. Knuble wouldn't hurt, but I think we will be seeing Jeffery or Tangradi in the top-6 next year.
Iginla or Clowe are completely different situations than Knuble. Iginla is just a much different player and is much better than Knuble. And Clowe is 30. Not quite ready for the wheels to fall off. Meanwhile, Knuble has already played a season without wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMoranFanclub View Post
Not addressing you personally necessarily, but I always find it ironic that one minute people want us to sign all these veteran scoring wingers (and I use the word "scoring" very loosely for most of those names), and the next minute everyone's complaining that the young guys never get a fair shake in the top 6. You can't have it both ways.
This. So much this.