View Single Post
Old
12-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Tarus
#Craigsnotonit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
So you think he would have been better off with Rob Schremp and the Springfield Falcons?

I dont see how that would have made him bigger, stronger, or stronger on his skates. Fact is he hasnt improved much if at all over a period of five years. Not sure how being in junior and then the AHL would have addressed any of those issues.
I didn't say his development would be better off.

I said it would have been better off if it was done in a place where Oiler fans couldn't over-dramatize every little bump in the road.

Case in point - "hasn't improved at all in 5 years".

Considering he's improved his PPG every year on a team that has gone from poor offensively -> league worst -> poor.

He's improved his F/O ability considerably from when he started(41.8, 42, 47.4, 45.8, 47.6).

He's gone from worthless defensively to a plus player as well.

All signs he's improved as a player, and the type of progression you'd expect from any mid-range NHL prospect between the ages of 18 - 25. Yet apparently he's completely and utterly stagnant, and not worth keeping on the team because the Oilers have piles of 45 point centers in the organization just waiting for an opportunity.

Barring that, a Kesler/Malkin/Hanzel/Richards/Bolland/Carter/Getzlaf/Fisher/Berglund for PRV deal is just a phone call away! Only reason it hasn't happened is because Gagner on the roster blocks the Oilers from being able to consider making the deal

Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote