View Single Post
Old
12-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Philly85*
I Ain't Even Mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
THe part that gets me the most is every one seems to be obbsessed with Gagners size. Like he would be the first NHL player that was small to have success. REally, as long as he works hard and plays smart he could be a great 2nd C. I don't care about his size. He still reminds me a lot of Marc Savard.
how long is it going to take for him to get there though. I agree he does have tools, a good base to work from, he has great character, is a down to earth guy who by all accounts is a very hard worker. I like Gagner. But it's been 5 years, and he's only moderately improved as a player, both offensively and defensively. Perhaps he hasn't even improved. The problem also isn't just his size, but his limitations in terms of speed. He's not overly fast and isn't as strong on his skates. Not a great shot. Good passer. You can tell overall he's just a very mediocre talent. The "problem" of his size is compounded by his average skating and poor balance. This all being said I also think he's been put in a very bad position by the organization, a position to fail so to speak. Given his limitations and upside, he was brought in rather quickly, has been given a barrage of different line mates, has been jerked around like no one's business.

Philly85* is offline   Reply With Quote