Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
That never happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
Well nothing was worse than the Ronald McDonald ones.

Also I think they're introducing a black hat with a yellow brim as well. I saw it in a template pic in the article I got that from. So that could replace the white outline one unless it was just been the new BP cap or something.
Batting practice hat.

Technically it replaces another hat, but I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone wear the previous batting practice cap. The gold brimmed cap was a solid seller when it was an alternate cap...so it makes sense to bring it back with that ****ing stupid white outline to try to get more non-fans to buy it.

The Pirates sell a disproportionate amount of caps (#7 in cap sales in baseball), so it was only natural that they'd do something like this. At least we still have just one cap for the base home and road jerseys.

Honestly as long as we stick to the primary color scheme I really don't care. There's no red anywhere in any of the jerseys/hats in use for next year, and that's the most important thing. Black and gold is iconic. Black and gold and red is garbage.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 12-17-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Big McLargehuge is online now   Reply With Quote