Old
12-17-2012, 11:00 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
The way you said

"teams that need a rebuild..." then listed a bunch of teams, made it look as if you said Avs needed a rebuild. You worded it kind of poorly.
And regardless of him meaning rebuild or now, why would we need forward prospects?

We have a tonne of young NHL talent in Duchene/Oreilly/Landeskog/McGinn/Downie, thats a lot better then prospects and picks. Plus even still we have Sgarbossa who at this point looks like a pretty good bet to be a Top 6 player in the NHL, and his ceiling is pretty unknown at this point. We have Hishon who, if he can ever recover from his concussion/whiplash and be healthy again would be a Top 6 player, and we have Mark Olver who looks to be a 3rd line pest player.

Between all the young NHL talent we have and those 3 prospects, we have no need for more offense at this point. We just need to let our young core grow together and build chemistry.

As for that package, if it were a Top 5 or Top 10 pick, thats truly an exceptional package for a team thats 100% rebuilding, the problem is outside of CBJ I dont think there is another team thats going full on rebuild, and I dont think CBJ has anything that would be of interest for that package.

If Anaheim decides to try get younger, I could see that package getting at least one of Getzlaf/Perry, probably 2 of them if the pick were Top 3.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote