View Single Post
Old
12-17-2012, 11:01 PM
Rubbers29

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Windsor doesn't deserve a Mem Cup. I just hope London doesn't get it either given Branch screwed over a potential three-peat for us and London could be going to their third Mem Cup in a row come next season as well.
I wouldnt say Branch "screwed over a potential three-peat ", Did he screw you out of hosting, absolutely, Windsor were back to back Champions and still had a solid team year 3, I think they deserved to host way more than Mississauga, Given had they have hosted a few more players would have probably gone their way rather than to Missy, But Windsor still had a great chance to make it through the front door, (which branch had no control over) unfortunately for Windsor they ran into an "Awakened Bear" (pun Intended) in Owen Sound that after taking an 8th place London team to lightly in round 1 really came together and didn't look back. Had they hosted and made it just because of that fact, I dont think you enjoy it near as much earning your spot like they had the previous 2 years
If London does somehow make it this year AND host next year, I dont think you see much hoopla about being in the tournament 3 years in row if they dont win! to me last year the Knights were OHL champions, they participated in the Memorial cup but did not win, therefore not an acomplishment, this isnt grade 3 and no one wants a participation ribbon

Last edited by Rubbers29: 12-17-2012 at 11:07 PM.