View Single Post
Old
12-18-2012, 12:25 AM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
But the playoffs do not include all the inferior teams that the Oil Kings play during the regular season... Should it be surprising that he's not scoring at the same pace in the playoffs as he is during the regular season?

I could see if he did 19 points in 20 games and was a -8 as to indicate his line was not playing well defensively at even strength and getting scored on - but that wasn't the case....

If any of our top Rangers players were scoring at a PPG pace over 20 playoff games and +8 we'd be singing their praises....
His PPG in the regular season projects to around 29 points in 20 games. That's an ugly drop off. I definitely didn't expect ridiculous numbers, but definitely over a PPG. You make some good points about harder teams, but his post season was underwhelming.

I'd be happy with 19 points in 20 games with some of our forward prospects. The thing that is going to get St. Croix into the NHL is his offense, so he disappointed.

Not a big deal though, I haven't seen so much skill and puck swagger in one of our prospects in years.