Thread: Value of: Jonas Brodin to Leafs
View Single Post
Old
12-18-2012, 12:40 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
I think it's safe to say Brodin wouldn't be traded, because there's no point trading him at this point of his career (barring a massive overpayment of course).

We're not interested in Kadri. We have Granlund, Phillips, Larsson and Coyle (to an extent), who are all C and already playing in AHL. We also have Graovac and Haula in our system.

JVR is an interesting player, and one that we could actually use. However, he still is a forward and we don't really need him right now as we're quite stacked on F already. Same goes for Lupul and Kulemin, while they would make most teams instantly better, they really don't have room in our system.

Now, as for Gardiner... Well, he is an interesting player. However, he's still below Brodin in value, and I don't think Toronto is willing to add Carl Gunnarsson to the package.

Sorry, I don't see how this could work. Both teams are in need of D and swapping D-men is not going to help it. I would love to trade one or two of our forwards, but as someone said in the Gunnarsson trade thread, your needs are on D, goaltending and top-6 C. While we have a solid depth on the last two, we really can't afford to give up on D right now, at least not Brodin.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote