View Single Post
Old
12-18-2012, 08:15 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Bisson View Post
That was done in order to keep him and Sarault on the same line. Gally, being the obviously more skilled one, would adapt to playing the wing much better than Sarault would. Doesn't seem to be hurting him any, in fact I think it's helped him, especially when he gets the chance to play on his off wing, he becomes even more dangerous.
Galchenyuk has also stated that he is as comfortable or more playing the wing.

As for all this DeAngelo hate....it's getting out of control around here. I understand that he has a temper and needs to clean up his attitude but his talent is rare. If Sarnia decides to ship out DeAngelo, they best be getting back a very good proven piece. DeAngelo will NEVER be a defensive stalwart, it's not in his style of game. Sure, he can improve in that area and that will come with time as he realizes it improvements are important to his hockey future. Let's remember that he is young and not even draft eligible until next year. He played in this league for a reason as a 16 year old.

For everyone that is hating on DeAngelo, you must remember that he is an important piece to this team's offense. Sure, he can sometimes make smarter decisions with the puck (mostly, making the easy pass when presented rather than trying to dangle at the blueline) but he is also second in scoring from the Sting's blueline with 19 points in 31 games. That puts him on pace for almost 40 points as a sophomore 17-year old. There were only about 10 defensemen in the OHL last season that produced at that pace last season and none of them were as young as DeAngelo.

His game comes with its flaws, but in no way should DeAngelo be throwing this kid in any sort of trade. Let up on him. I'm tired of sitting in the stands overhearing fans moan about him on plays when he actually makes the right decision. It's becoming evident that complaining about "something" is what many Sting fans go to the rink for.