Old
12-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
No other teams had injuries? Only Minnesota? 7 teams had more man-games lost to injury than Minnesota. Also, Heatley, Cullen, and Setoguchi all played at least 69 games which is 3/4 of the Top 6 that you have listed that played for MIN last year with only Koivu missing significant time (even then, he still played most of the year). And if MIN has as much depth as you claim, why weren't guys able to step up and contribute offense aside from Brodziak when presented with an opportunity to play a more offensive role?

Minnesota scored 166 goals last year. The Top 6 offenses scored at least 241 goals. Does Granlund and Parise add 75 goals over the course of a season? I doubt it.

Your team will be better than last year with the additions (if the season ever starts), but MIN is in no way stacked at forward. Saying things that imply Cullen/Setoguchi > or = Lupul is going to prompt a response.
Reading comprehension, dude.

Our depth is better because we have a lot of prospects coming up and we made some good moves over the summer.

I never said Cullen/Setoguchi >= Lupul. I said there wouldn't be a point in making a trade that would make us weaker instead of stronger because of our forward depth and upcoming prospects.

I would be very surprised if Minnesota would make a trade anytime soon.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote