View Single Post
Old
12-18-2012, 08:48 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
Yes, I believe Buff does have more value than both of them seperately. Not by much mind you.

Buff has put up numbers that have landed him in the top 5 scoring race for defencemen two years in a row. He was 2nd overall this year with only 66 games played too. Did I mention that he accomplish this by playing on a significantly worse team? And if you want to talk about accolades, Buff has a Stanley cup ring which is something both Kesler and Hamhuis lack.

Value wise, Kesler is closer than Hamuis. The gap with Kesler is negligible, so I wouldn't be disappointed with a straight Kesler/Buff trade. With Hamhuis, I have several other D-men that I would value above him, Byfuglien included, but that is not to say he is a slouch. I would definitely want him on our team, but the gap is a pick/prospect if you were to include Byfuglien in my opinion.
I guess their value is pretty close. Hamhuis is coming off of a season where he was top 10 in Norris voting and has a cheaper contract. For me, I'd prefer a rock defensively that is still good for 30-40pts over a guy who is questionable defensively but good for an extra 25 pts or so. But that's me, that's my opinion. I do feel as if my opinion is likely the majority, but where there is a majority there is often still a minority.

With Kesler it's too hard to compare. He's coming off of an awful season, I hate discussing the value of players on HF when they're coming off of poor seasons that they're likely to rebound from.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote