12-18-2012, 08:56 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleGumPlant View Post
Didn't Giroux also start out on the wing until Philly moved Richards and Carter? Montreal will do the same with Gally when they deem that the value of Pleks, DD or Eller will be at their highest. Let's believe in Bergevin in finding the right timing and the right centre to move. A lot can happen in the 2-3 years before Galchenyuk is ready to be an offensive yet defensively responsible center.

Hasn't most game recaps showed that Galchenyuk is "uninterested", or "lazy" at some point when it comes to defense? There's a long way to go before he can be relied on as a Center in the NHL. He doesn't necessarily have to play Center to learn how to play good defense. He needs to be eased in.
Exactly. I don't know why people are scrambling to kick any of our current 3 centres out the door. There's nothing wrong with letting Gally develop on the wing for a while, and then making an opening for him with the time is right. The Bruins did it with Seguin, the Flyers with Giroux, etc. Some of the best centres in the game (Malkin, Datsyuk, Zetterberg off the top of my head) still take regular shifts on the wing depending on the needs of the lineup. I envision Gally developping in a similar way.

Gally may be a natural centre in that that's where he started playing in his career, but he's not tied to the position the way someone like Plekanec or Eller is. You could never move someone like Plekanec to the wing because his game would completely fall apart. You don't have that risk with Gally.