View Single Post
Old
12-18-2012, 09:18 AM
BerSTUzzi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Personally I'm fine without taking any Russians. Call me a xenophobe, whatever, but I'm okay with our late round choices (minus Hannay) and would prefer avoiding Russians in the late rounds, especially those that are not in north america yet. The likelihood of them ever coming over a slim. There's a reason why every single team passed on Slepyshev; he isn't coming over.

I agree that we should shoot for high risk/reward players in those low risk late rounds, maybe find the next JC Lipon/Pearson/Perron ahead of time. But as Pahlsson said, our scouts do seem to have trouble finding these players.

Hutton has shown the most promise so far in their post draft seasons. Not sure if it is fair to lump him into a level of 4th line scrubs. From a couple ppl i've talked to they would put him on Hockey East's all rookie all star team, right after Matheson and Grzelcyk. Fairly good company to be with, even if he isn't a true freshman.

Ugh.. I hate being right about players in my own backyard but I was yelling to pick Lipon with our 7th this last year. He showed sign of skill last year but it was his work ethic/skating that had him stand out. It shouldn't be a fan that identifies the "what if he develops a little more skill" potential in a player. That being said all NHL teams passed on him and at the time I felt like I was being a homer calling for Lipon to be drafted.