View Single Post
Old
12-18-2012, 11:06 AM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post
I haven't talked to my guy yet hes out of town for acouple of days

but last night i was a johnny shotz and the oshawa gm / owner ( rocco / and i forget the gms name ) with dj was there in a meeting with wr and bb and matos

does anyone know who the spits would be looking at with oshawa and who is oshawa looking at with the spits ?
The Oshawa Gm is Jeff Twohey
a potential deal I am hearing is Maletta,Bateman and Pavelka to Oshawa for Cassels,Altshuller,Uvira and a 3rd rd pick
Makes sense to me in ways for both,Oshawa I think wants an upgrade in goal and Pavelka has been outstanding for Windsor,Bateman gives them a young D-man with Petgrave and Schemitsch graduating,Maletta gives them a big forward who may develop with another team,for Windsor,Cassels brings youth and some talent same age as Maletta,Altshuller a 94 born replaces Pavelka and sets up for next yr with a then 18 year old Dekort,Uvira is a big body Euro forward with some skill,he did have a 13 goal year last,same age as Pavelka a 93,and then theres the all important draft pick to help restock
The edc packages lineup for Maletta Bateman,Cassels and Altshuller,Spits dont have to worry about an Euro o/a goalie next yr,Uvira if he does produce could be an O/A Euro forward if not Spits have openings for at least 2 O/As next yr maybe 3 if Lorentz does not pick up his offense
I think a deal like this works for both,Oshawa gets a little younger with no drop in talent,while Windsor unloads underdeveloping players in Maletta and Bateman,while Pavelka gets a chance to win,at the same time Spits get a younger NHl drafted goalie and more flexibility re O/as next yr as well as a much needed forward in Uvira who brings a degree of suitable size,skill and toughness
Food for thought I think