View Single Post
Old
12-18-2012, 11:42 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
The win streak the Knights are on is ridiculous! The CHL doesn't track ice time so I could be wrong but from the several Knights games I've watched he's still being used as the shutdown / checking center (minus the last two games) and doesn't get a whole lot of PP time. Most of his production comes at even strength.

You can see he still has another level offensively which will hopefully continue show, but he's in a great org for his development - on a very good team with a very good coach.
I've only watched at couple of Knights games, but I agree completely. He's being used almost exclusively in a checking role and doesn't get any PP time at all. My guess as to why would be because Max Domi (2013 eligible) is a null player in the defensive and neutral zones, needs to be sheltered significantly.

That said, he has the skills to put up more offense if he were in the position to do so. You can see his size, skating, hands, vision, drive to the net, it's all there at a solid level, certainly a higher level than you'd suspect purely looking at point totals. In one of the games I saw, he could have had 3 or 4 points if not for poor linemates/the goalies making a great save.