View Single Post
Old
12-18-2012, 11:50 AM
sinettiseura

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Barkov will most likely play with Haapala and Lehkonen. 2 95's and 1 undrafted 94. I don't think that Barkov racks alot of points. It would be good if he managed to put PPG and excellent two-way game.

Barkov has already moulded his game as pro ready against men. In junior games there it's at time total chaos and there is not much sence. It's funny to hear this but Barkov might be lost in Junior games.

He was the MVP of 4nation tournament at Sundvall so i hope im wrong. I'm guessing PPG rate at WJC with Lehkonen and Haapala with excellent two-way game. There is slight potential that he has offensive burst if there is any help from his linemates. If he has that he might be considered as #1 pick after WJC.
This is what I'm thinking too. If Barkov scores more than 10 points at the tournament I will be very suprised (but happy ). Granlund in his draft year was offensively pretty much equal to what Barkov is now and he did not dominate. Okay Granlund was coming out of injury and hadn't chemistry with Hartikainen etc but in other hand Granlund scored most of his points against Austria (1+4?). In Finland's group there is this year only Latvia which is considered a weaker team so there isn't much free points to pick.

The difference between Granlund (at 2010 WJC) and Barkov will be Barkov's great two way game. And maybe Barkov scores a bit more because he get's better support from his linemate than Granlund did.