Thread: Proposal: Reid Boucher to Montreal!
View Single Post
12-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Lou's Secret Sauce
vCash: 835
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Because one guy was the star and the other looked good because he was playing with the star so he never makes the NHL...

It is stupid to trade for someone who won't be an NHL first liner for the purpose of playing with our NHL first liner.

I know Gally isn't a first liner in the NHL yet, but if he busts then I think we have bigger problems then him not playing with his Junior linemate.
This is exactly what people were saying about Adam Henrique and Taylor Hall when they played together in Windsor. That Henrique was a warrior, but was leeching points off a superior linemate and would never be more than a 3rd line checker in the NHL.

The point is, players are rarely reunited once they leave juniors, so you can't base your reasoning off the three examples that exist.

I'm not saying Boucher will be a star. I don't know what he'll be. But neither do you. Just like neither of us know what Galchenyuk will be either. Neither team has reason to do this trade. But it's way too early to dismiss a 19 year old because he has good linemates. New Jersey is pleased with how Boucher is developing and has no interest in trading him.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote