View Single Post
Old
12-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Butch 19
King me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: If an NHL owner is relying on his/her/their franchise as a primary source of income, they should NOT be in the business world. Any "losses" that franchise incurs shouldn't be a detriment to that owner/group. Losses that the players incur, on the other hand, are a detriment to that player's livelihood, and will more than likely never be recouped.

Disagee 100%.

What is so "wrong" with a business owner altering how his business operates so that he can make a profit? Especially if his employees average $2.4m??

Who are hockey fans to say to a business owner: "you should be able to take a loss - no matter how big it is. You shouldn't expect to make money from your hockey team investment"

How many pro-player posters here actually own a business? What would you do if you were losing money? Keep doing business as usual...?

And losses to the players?? They are cutting their own throats by chosing to earn 0 dollars in NHL salary for a season, when an average career is 5 years. Not very smart business planning to say the least.