View Single Post
Old
12-18-2012, 01:11 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Kids play on ****** teams in the junior leagues and losing doesn't derail their careers. Stop being so overdramatic. Losing in the AHL will not hurt these kids at all and the ice time will help.

I would like to get a solid AHL scorer, though, so the kids could play WITH him instead of playing with guys with stone hands. A scorer or two won't make this team into a great AHL team, but it will give the kids someone with skill to play with. If we can ditch some dead wood like Tessier, etc. and replace them with a skilled player (as long as he isn't taking time away from the kids), then it's a great move.
I agree. And I actually believe you are both agreeing on the same ideals. It is important for the kids to get a lot of playing time. And important time as well. But the vets that this team has brought in (aside from Newbury and Gilroy) have been underwhelming.

If they could replace some of the vets they have with players like Parenteau (a few years ago) or Locke (same time period) the team would be much better off. As the season progresses Kolarik should help in that department. He is, when healthy, a VERY good AHLer.