View Single Post
Old
12-18-2012, 01:37 PM
FreddtFoyle

vCash: 500
Holly, sorry to be a nitpicker, but it is the UNB Varsity Reds or V-Reds, not the Reds. Please don't help perpetuate the "Reds" moniker used by the casual-to-the-CIS media. V-Reds is fairly unique, which is why the nickname caught on pretty quickly in Fredericton soon after the Red Devils were rechristened as Varsity Reds. Reds is, well, boring and common.

Good job on the assessment of the AUS. Saint Mary's are serious contenders. Coach Trevor Stienberg is probably the best pre- and early season sandbagger out there, and it often takes his teams a little more time than the others in the AUS to gel when there has been a lot of player changes. Stienberg might be the best X's and O's coach in the AUS when it comes to getting the most out of the talent he has and how he adjusts his team game plan for his opponent.

As for StFX, I'm still on the fence. I might have them at A- or B+. While they might have lot of tight games score-wise, it doesn't necessarily (in my experience) indicate that they were close games for 60 minutes. I wouldn't lump them in with UNB, Acadia and SMU (and now that I've said that, watch X go on a tear in the second half).

FreddtFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote