View Single Post
Old
12-18-2012, 03:43 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 844
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
2nd Lines:

-I like Red Green. I had him last year in the AAA draft, and he's got a decent offensive resume between the NHL and NOHA days(where he outscored a 25 year old Bill Cook) and he brings a little grit to the table despite being a very small guy. But, Sanderson brings better longevity, and played in a much better era. Green played in the early per-consolidation NHL, and had 2 decent seasons there and some NOHA seasons that we think were pretty good. Sanderson was 50% or more of the 2nd place goal scorer 6 times, and has another season at 47%. Advantage goes to Sanderson.

-That brings us to one of the more interesting comparisons, Ribeiro and Raleigh. Raleigh has six relevant Vs2 seasons, and Ribeiro has 8. Raleigh's 6 best seasons total 377. Ribeiro's 8 relevant seasons total 509, and his best 6 total 412. Here are their best 6 each:

Raleigh-88, 67, 59, 55, 54, 54
Ribeiro-78, 74, 72, 71, 65, 52

So, Raleigh has the 1st, 6th, 8th, 9th 10th, 11th best seasons. Ribeiro has the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th, and 12th best seasons. Neither guy had the benefit of playing with any great linemates, so there is no skewing of the numbers here. But, Raleigh was ranked as the 2nd best center in this draft. Neither guy brings any intangibles to the table that I know of, so from what I'm seeing, Ribeiro is a better offensive player than Raleigh, and a better player overall. The only thing that I see that Raleigh has that Ribeiro doesn't is that he was voted to two all star games by merit. Ribeiro has been voted to one.

-That brings us to the two glue guys for each line. I'll admit, Murphy is definitely one of the better glue guys in this draft. He's responsible defensive, and has a decent offensive resume. Brown is definitely a weak spot in my top 6 offensively. But since he's lined up with Sanderson and Ribeiro, his offense is not going to be that relied upon. Murphy gets the advantage here for sure.

Overall, I think the 2nd lines are an advantage to Eisbaren because of a pretty big advantage at LW and what I believe is an advantage at center.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote