View Single Post
Old
12-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Habs View Post
You could probably cobble together a sort of All-Time Canadian WJHC team that would give an NHL team a run for its money. They'd need to lean heavily on players like Lindros, and Bergeron and others from the strike/lockout years that were more mature (i.e., 19 year olds) or already had NHL experience (which is why Daigle is there). Quickly, just off the top of my head:

Tavares - Lindros - Iginla
Crosby - Getzlaf - Eberle
Toews - Bergeron - Carter
Gagne - Allison - Daigle
Downie

Niedermayer - Redden
Phaneuf - Weber
McCabe - Phillips
Staal

Price
Luongo
The thread that won't die. You do realize that most of these guys put on anywhere from 15 to 30 pounds of muscle over the next 5 years. It just comes down to kids vs men.

I played in a roller hockey league that let an underage team come join our Platinum division one year. They were very talented, but also very easy to out muscle. They managed to squeeze out a few wins when an adult team would show up with 5 guys, but generally got trounced. They just couldn't compete physically yet. Last summer three of those players, including the top two scorers, won Canada's first gold medal in 14 years at the IIHF Inline World Championship in Germany. There is a difference between the strength of an adult and a teenager that talent just usually cannot transcend.