Thread: Value of: Edler + Schneider
View Single Post
Old
12-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I highly doubt Vancouver would move him at the deadline regardless...they are a lock to at least make the playoffs and will need him once there. They'll roll the dice and try to resign him for sure. If not, his rights become worth a 4th rd pick probably?

However...

If he was signed, we're looking at the Brent Burns Trade at a bare minimum. As an impending UFA, he returned a top six fwd, albeit a low ranking one by all counts, a B prospect and a late first.

Your probably looking at the frame work of that trade...except better. A forward that is a solid second liner, not one that struggles there, an A prospect, not blue chip by any means, but a really good one and a 1st rd...and depending on where that is probably a 2nd as well. You could do a top four defensemen as well.

Thats just for Edler.

As for Schneider...probably a top line fwd, or something similar to the edler package.

From the jets, fair value(not saying i would do it...but for the sake of value and because it is the team i am the most familiar with)

E.Kane, Burmistrov, Klingberg/Kosmachuk, 1st, 2nd.

Once again...not saying id do it...but i think thats pretty fair value.
The only way the Jets can even think about a deal like this is if:

A) There are extensions for Edler and Schneider already in place
B) There are separate deals in place for Pavelec and possibly Buff to replace what we are losing in Kane, Burmi, as well as the prospect and pick.

No way would the Jets be dealing away young players like Kane and Burmistrov on rentals. And in no way does it make sense to make an already weak top 6 group even weaker to add a goalie to play with the goalie we just signed long term.

The value of this trade could possibly be debated (terrible for the Jets without extensions to Edler and Schneider, possibly acceptable with extensions), but the hockey angle to this proposal makes absolutely no sense to the Jets IMO.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote