View Single Post
Old
12-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Dangles McGavin
#Snip Bar South

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
People with Kadri avatars are much more likely to be very biased when talking about Nazem Kadri realistically. That's why.

I think Couturier is way better. Kadri has been a huge disappointment for me.
I would agree that Kadri has been a disappointment. His first year post-draft was promising, him putting up pretty big numbers in the OHL. Then when he went to the AHL he did pretty well for a rookie, but there were still glaring holes in his game. Last year was the biggest disappointment- I saw nearly NO progress from him at all. The beginning of this year, there were changes for sure. He's not getting knocked off the puck as easily, he's throwing his body around, and generally looking more confident.

But if you have watched him this past ~ month and a half, there is reason for cautious optimism. He seems to have turned a page, IMO. He's making things look effortless, really getting in the dirty areas. It isn't just that his production has gone up, but his overall game. I've been very impressed with his neutral zone game. His decision making is very good now.

Honestly, I still don't know how he'll do in the NHL. But I think he'll be fine and turn into a 50-60 point player. It's still up to him, but I think he's actually on the right track, finally.