Thread: Proposal: Leafs-Flyers
View Single Post
Old
12-18-2012, 06:14 PM
TmlHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Nobody ever accused Simmonds of having hands of any sort, but the way he scored his goals he doesn't really need them. Knuble had terrible hands, dare i say even worse then Simmonds but that didn't stop him from scoring goals up close.

the way i see it, Simmonds' playing style and strengths make him an ideal fit for the Flyers. If he were playing for another team i don't think he would be as effective, as someone already pointed out he scored lots of pp goals and is on a team that is on the pp a whole lot, but that doesn't make him any less valuable to the Flyers. on the contrary the Flyers wouldn't give him up for what he is "worth" to another team since the word worth is relative. of course this is always true of every trade, but imo it was not taken into consideration in these proposals.

anyway, to the OP no from the Flyers on all fronts because none of these proposed trades address a need. plus the Flyers would ultimately be getting either older or arguably less effective.
Gardiner for Simmonds+1st 2014 (I know leafs fans might go crazy but just curious if Flyers fan think this is fair. I "might" do this personally because that 2014 1st looks good although Gardiner is great).

TmlHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote