View Single Post
Old
12-18-2012, 08:09 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Yeah I realize I paid a hefty price to create the first sibling trio since the Stastnys, and only the fourth in NHL history.

But I do think Jordan will more than make up for what Jeff Skinner brought to the team, and Marc will bolster their blueline. I'm also confident in Hagelin, he showed what he's capable of in the playoffs....just need to tone down those cheap shots, that's all.

I think MZA will be the wild card here. If he never returns to the NHL irl, then sure it was a wasted effort.

But I think he can contribute long-term to my make-believe Hurricanes.

Oh, and here's a list of recent notable 4th rounders:

Marcus Foligno
Braden Holtby
Alec Martinez
James Reimer
Keith Yandle
Ryan Callahan

Just to name a few. Who KNOWS what goldmine lies in that mystery pick!
I don't think the trade was off by a lot if at all. Staal gets no love because of how steady he is defensively and he is on a great contract.

On a side note the Rangers are very excited to add a dynamic offensive dynamo like Skinner at such a young age. We feel Torts will toughen him up and expect big things playing with the likes of Richards, Gaborik and Nash. We expect him to get to at least a ppg this season.

We are also VERY excited to add Justin Faulk who we see as the perfect partner for Ryan McDonagh for the long term. His addition also allows for Girardi to play with MDZ like they have in the past. They compliment each other VERY well.

Skinner-Richards-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Pyatt-Boyle-Callahan
Rupp-Halpern-Asham

McDonagh-Faulk
MDZ-Girardi
Stralman-Sauer

Hank

OTB:
Gaborik
Prospects and picks

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote