Thread: WJC: Canada 2014 team
View Single Post
Old
12-18-2012, 09:13 PM
newfy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Flash View Post
Unless Athanasiou has drastically improved in his own zone since his play last year for the Knights, there is no chance that Hockey Canada would even invite him to camp.

I haven't had a chance to see him this year so I honestly don't know. Maybe Barrie has changed him, but I somehow doubt it.
Ive only seen him once but I will say that Barrie fans absolutely love him so he cant be as bad as what he was in London. It really just seems like he either wasnt giving it his all in London or his confidence was completely shot.

Hes gotta have some of the best wheels in the CHL and has some pretty nasty hands plus this year hes putting up a decent amount over a point per game without much PP time at all. With the lack of skilled forwards, especially from his draft year I think hečll actually have a pretty good shot at the team. Knighs fans cant stand him and Barrie fans cant believe London let him get away beause hes been such a different player this year. I didnt even want the wings to draft him hoestly and now hes tearing up pretty good, Ičm changing my tune.

I guess I see him there because pretty much all the guys drafted from Canada in that year were grinder types, not high skill speedster types like Athanasiou.

I dont see Gaunce making it. Hes not really producing and there are better 2 way gritty players to play on the team