View Single Post
Old
12-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

vCash: 500
A good Getzlaf interview. I just wish someone would spell out to him how the NHLPA offers actually have never been close due to all the poison pills.

Quote:
I'm not confident at all. I've tried to be confident through this whole thing and the fact is it seems every time we try to come close, they push away. So, until they're willing to come close, then there is nothing to be positive about. It's a sad truth, but that's a fact. Unless they have a timeline that I don't know about, that their all the sudden one day say ‘okay, we'll try and work it out', then, until then, it's not looking great.
This is good though

Quote:
On his contract expiring at the end of this 'season' and the fans being concerned:

Yeah and so am I. It's a huge concern for me and I'm sure it is for our management and everybody because our team is going to be in a tough situation when it comes July 1st and if this lockout goes as long as it does. I'm sure there are a few other teams like that around the league but my main objective has always been to stay here in Orange County. I love it here. This is where my family is and hope to be. But you know, that's one of those things where hopefully I can get worked out where I have a chance to talk to them before the free agent market hits.