Old
12-18-2012, 10:57 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
"And the first round selection from the 2013 draft goes to........the Edmonton Oilers!"

(Howson breaks down crying)

Nathan MacKinnon, welcome to Edmonton....hahahah
LOL I'd seriously feel bad for Howson if we snubbed Columbus AGAIN and got the 1st overall pick. We don't even know how they're going to do the next draft lottery, but that would be incredibly hilarious if we got another 1st overall pick.

Being an avid HF poster, I'd almost dread drafting Mackinnon. All of the anti-Oil trolling for 4 consecutive first overall picks and then on top of that all of the Hemsky + Gagner + 2014 1st round pick proposals for a gamec-hanger of a top 4 d-man and a good backup goalie.

I can't count how many people I know who're offended by Edmonton getting away with three straight first round picks. A forth would be simply scary.

I kinda doubt there are any teams out there with 4 first overall picks, because they'd be so far up against the cap. In fact, I'm having a hard time thinking of a team with three first overall picks other than Edmonton.

Yes, you always want to go BPA, but this would really be one of those times that Oil fans would feel very comfortable with the 2nd overall pick, because they'd know that their blueline was taken care of.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote