Thread: WJC: Canada 2014 team
View Single Post
Old
12-18-2012, 10:04 PM
jfb392

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
Yep I would add him to the mix. Forgot about Reinhart. I don't see Sam making the team however unless he really impresses next year.
Well, he impressed everyone as the captain of the 95 Hlinka team, already played at the spring U18's as an underager, and has big game experience with his club team (was with the team during their WHL and Mem Cup run).

I'd say his odds of making the team should be fairly high given the lack of 94 forwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Cody Ceci's too old, he's a '93. I also don't believe Athanasiou has any chance at making the team.. maybe he gets considered for an invite, but I doubt he even gets invited. Sam Reinhart should be on the team.
I don't like Athanasiou much either, but his improvement so far should at least earn him a summer camp invite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
I dont see Gaunce making it. Hes not really producing and there are better 2 way gritty players to play on the team
Well, I wouldn't really look at his stats this season as the Bulls are awful offensively this year.

Plus, it's about where he'll be at a year from now.
He should be a very strong player next year and will at least get a look.
Don't count out his familiarity with the big ice in Belleville, as this tournament will be in Europe again (Malmö).

Also, as some have said already, some notable 2012 draftees are not eligible for this tournament as they are late 93's.
Ceci, Di Giuseppe, Murray, Sissons, and Subban are the big ones that come to mind immediately.