View Single Post
Old
12-18-2012, 11:18 PM
WTFetus
Most popular

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
Way back in this thread i was told by bigwillie, Boyle is now the games premier playoff performing defenceman, but now he is not part of the top 5 core. I thought he would be in sj's top 5. ( funnything - go figure that the games premier playoff performing defenceman wouldn't crack ur top 5 ) Add to this that it is possible that all 3 could be lured away for NOTHING after next year. Consider if you would what assets, if they were willing to move, could you get for Boyle and Marleau.
There is a difference between a good player and a core player. Look at players like Semin and Wideman. They were 2nd and 3rd on the team in scoring, but I doubt many Capitals' fans considered them "core". Core players are those you build around. With Burns, Vlasic, and Demers along with the fact that Boyle is 35+, I don't consider him core anymore.

As for the assets. Like I've been saying earlier, I'd trade Boyle for a speedy 2nd liner or a 3rd liner+. It's simply unreasonable to trade Marleau because of his NMC. It's also unnecessary to trade Marleau since the return you'll get back for him will make the team worse. This goes back to how your original argument is so flawed. You continue to speak hypotheticals without going into specifics.

Really, you're only proving that you know absolutely nothing about the team. I can pretty much guarantee you that Marleau and Thornton won't leave willingly. If the team wants to re-sign them, they'll stay. It's the same reason as to why Doan re-signed with Phoenix. Their roots are here, they don't want to go anywhere else.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote