View Single Post
Old
12-18-2012, 11:57 PM
Tak7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowbellConray View Post
I'm in 2014 in my GM with Buffalo. I need a first line upgrade big time. Who should I go after? My centers are set. Grigorenko is a 79, Girgensons I created, he is an 82, and Kevin Sundher jumped to an 80. But I need some wing help, as my best winger is Kunitz. I tried to get both Pavelski and Kessel in free agency but I couldnt get either, after I offered both 7 million a year for 5+ years.

I need like an 85 overall winger. Anyone with any ideas?
I'm not sure what his overall is in 2014, or how badly he is on decline, but getting either Iginla or Alfredsson out of their respective teams is pretty easy to do early on in GM.

van Reimsdyk grows really nicely and can be nabbed at a good price early if you act quick enough. Otherwise he grows too strong and is pretty untradeable.

Also - Montreal have a few players that are a bit high on the pay scale, but produce quite nicely. They won't be apart of your team long term, as they are old, but someone like Erik Cole, Bourque, etc., add some good offense without giving up much to get them. And they have good enough trade value that you can flip them pretty easily later on down the line.

I'm sure there are plenty of other options out there, but that's where I would start.