View Single Post
Old
12-19-2012, 12:58 AM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Gardiner IMO is underrated by many non Leafs fans, kid will be a damn good NHLer for many years to come. That said I agree and the facts that we got him for free and that he chose us when we have been spurned so many times in the past it just makes me smile ear to ear.
Gardiner will be a good solid NHL Dman I agree but he won't be a consistent 50 point Dmen, if ever, he just isn't elite offensively.

Quote:
I'm not sure that Gagner will be a long term fit TBH, that said once we start adding some solid vets to the mix we should be a pretty good team.
Gagner will be moved within 2 years IMO as the team has enough skilled players and needs to better fill out their lineup with that big tall skilled tough centerman that every teams craves. He is a good secondary player on the 2nd line but needs the right place and team to succeed and the Oilers aren't a good fit IMO.

Quote:
You can downplay his accomplishments in the AHL all that you want, but this isn't your normal AHL. No matter how you slice it when a defenseman is top 10 in league scoring that is amazing, let alone when he's leading the league. I still stand by my statement that he will shoot 10% or better a number of times in his career. His wrist shot is exceptional in velocity and placement and he gets it through almost at will.
He is off to a great start but it's a small sample size and your're right, in a real AHL season RNH, Hall and Eberle are in the NHL.

Over 82 games Schult'z points pace is for 119 points, even with the big 3 staying down it's doubt full that he hits 100, that's what I mean about regressing back to his norm and tempering expectations.

That would be 62 points in his next 56 games which seems impressive until we look at who is playing with and that Mike Kostka has 22 points in 25 games right now.

Still a great 1st AHL season but not as impressive now is it?

all that being said I think he ends up with 90 something points (not really sure how long AHL season is) and will be a great offensive Dman in the NHL, especially with those big 3 and other talent on the Edmonton PP but the hype train here is just unreal at times.

As for shooting % over 10% it's extremely unlikely if he keeps shooting over 2 shots per game in the NHL, maybe 1 or 2 seasons but that's it.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote