View Single Post
Old
12-19-2012, 01:45 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

vCash: 500
http://www2.tbo.com/sports/lightning...medium=twitter
Quote:
As the NHL lockout lingers on, Steven Stamkos continues to keep things all business.

It's a big reason last season's Rocket Richard Trophy winner returned to his hometown of Toronto shortly after the lockout was imposed in September. He's been working out with a personal trainer twice a week, as well as four days a week with former Tampa Bay teammate Gary Roberts while taking part in some pickup games on Roberts' outdoor mini-rink.

Stamkos also has participated in some games with his father's recreational league once a week, which is about the closest he's come to partaking in many recreational activities.
Quote:
The work he puts in with Roberts has Stamkos sticking around familiar parts instead of playing in Europe anytime soon. The intensity of working with Roberts, along with other NHL players such as former Lightning teammate Steve Downie, makes Stamkos think he'll be ready to go when the labor dispute is settled.

"I've finally got into a pretty good routine that if we do play in the next two, three or four weeks that I could come in, get in a couple of good skates and be ready to go,'' Stamkos said.

"I'm just trying to stay close to the best shape possible. It's obviously tough with the uncertainty. …But I know here I have a good routine and I don't want to break that up, which has been good under the circumstances.''