View Single Post
Old
12-19-2012, 07:52 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
It pretty funny how misleading just normal hockey stats can be. When going deeper with the numbers, I couldn't find anything "wrong" what Pulkkinen is doing. There's pretty much just reasonable things.

Teemu's icetime has dropped for this season. Of course, first who are trying to throw him under the bus come to say, "he should develop to be better player and got bigger role every year, not lose ice-time". That's a partial truth, but Jokerit is also more stacked team this year than in the past.

So his ice-time has dropped over 3 minutes. What does this do to his production? Of course it drops. But his production per ice time hasn't seen a big dip. He shoots more per icetime than ever. His shooting percentage has had some dip because of that, but those usually differ with every player by every year.

Also because of that stacked Jokerit team, Pulkkinen has played mainly on the half-defensive 3rd line with worse linemates (like Rask). That always eats your production. I could say, it eats more than his per minute drop actually is. Also this switch from left side to the right has done some things. He less vulnerable to lose the puck, but can't make the play as much. Winning hockey, less scoring, but better defence.
First of all, in the last few games he's averaged around 19-20 minutes, the most he's ever had which shows the coaches trust him. Second, he hasn't switched wings. I don't frankly know where you got that part. He's always played right wing.

Last edited by Jussi: 12-19-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote