View Single Post
Old
12-19-2012, 08:04 AM
29Potvins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrax442 View Post
Volunteering at soup kitchen or anywhere else, spending actual time especially when there's season going on, that time is valuable. Going on ice for an hour to do what you do best, I rather they just wrote a cheque - it would mean more when you give when you aren't making any. And trust me, we'd know about it, it's all about the PR right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsleaf View Post
I can assure you I am not feeling all high-and-mighty, that's for the players.
Charity is easy for a professional athlete and I certainly do not think they deserve any praise because they do charity events. I am pissed at these over priced ego laden xxxks, they are no more charitable than the next guy, but they sure like to advertise the fact that they do "charity". They do it with your money. It's BS.
I don't understand these two points of view. Neither of you know whether or not the players have or plan to write cheques to charity - so you assume they aren't and are condemning them for not doing so. YET, if you DO hear about them writing cheques to a charity, you chastise them for being part of the "PR machine".. there's no winning with you two, is there?

Second of all, players and other celebrities certainly hold a hell of a lot more influence than you or me. So I'm all for it if they can influence more people to donate to charity. Volunteering time and effort is giving. Since when is charity judged upon how "hard" your effort is or that it has to be done as an individual effort?

If you are speaking out against people donating time/effort to put on an event to help charity, then I question whether you care or know the purpose of a charity and donation. To me, it sounds like giving to charity is a chore to you, and that you only do it for the sense of moral superiority - which you use to knock down others.. shame on you.

Last edited by 29Potvins: 12-19-2012 at 08:10 AM.