View Single Post
Old
12-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
It's about putting the best team on the ice you can. Thomas and Rask is just a better goalie tandem than Rask and Khudobin. Period, end of sentence. There's no way around that admission and once you admit that there becomes no point in making any strictly hockey-related argument in favor of walking away from Thomas if he was willing to come back.

I've said for years that I want to wait for Rask to beat Thomas out fairly for the starting goaltender's job before handing it to him. I stand by that. If Thomas is as ooooooooooooold as some of you think, it should be a matter of a couple weeks and then we have a young stud who's made the job his own, like Thomas did, rather one that's been handed the job Luongo-style. I think that is how you get the best Tuukka you can get.
Of course there is, how the hell do you know Thomas will be the same goalie after his little hiatus? Plus, Thomas likely wont come back here to be a backup AND for much less than what he was making before, if ANYTHING less.

If we somehow realized Thomas was the same goalie he was before and hasnt packed on 50 pounds in preparation for the end of the world, AND he signed a contract much less than his previous 5 million, I'd consider bringing him back for the short term.

With that said though, if Thomas is still a great goalie hed want a lucrative contract with years, are we willing to give him a multi year deal? Hes going to be a UFA, any team would love Timmy, and more teams interested means big money.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote