Thread: Proposal: Tor-Col
View Single Post
Old
12-19-2012, 11:23 AM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Hypothetically, if the ideal LH defenseman became available for one of your C's, which would you want to part with, or is most likely to be traded?
Hypothetically, the ideal LHD would become available after the end of the next played season, after Duchene and O'Reilly have shown that they can be a solid 1/2. Duchene has all the skills to be a 1C, but there are still some holes in his game that I'd like to see him fix (faceoffs, learning to use his teammates, etc).

O'Reilly led the team in scoring last year, but I'm not sure it wasn't a product of his increased ice time, Duchene's injuries, and the lack of quality wingers to play with Stastny. I'd like to see a full season of a healthy team (as it currently is) before calling O'Reilly a solid 2C.

That's kind of a round about way of saying that Stastny is probably the most likely to be traded. That doesn't mean that I want to part with him, but he's the most likely to return something of similar value that fits the team's needs. The Stastny/Yandle trade that has been mentioned a few times is probably the most feasible.

Of course, in a hypothetically ideal world, the Avs would sign Edler as a UFA, keep all 3 Cs and be poised to compete in the West for the next few years.