View Single Post
Old
12-19-2012, 12:53 PM
STLBlueshistory
@STLBlueshistory

vCash: 500
Myself I would tend to leave both Mullen and Joseph of this list. Of course they were undrafted FA's but they were both sought after by many teams; not just the Blues.

Also if you take a look at their College history that would be another factor in not including them here.

Joe Mullen:
He set Boston College season & career record for Goals; career record for Points and good enough to be named to the ECAC all decade (1970's) team among other achievements.

Curtis Joseph:
First player to win WCHA MVP, Player of year & Rookie of year in the same season as well as set mark for GAA & save % at Wisconsin.

To me a surprise non drafted FA would like Kelly Chase or Floyd Thomson. Guys who were not heralded as players and were pretty much unknowns.

I would also exclude Gilmour for the same reasons. He was fantastic at Cornwall and Led the OHL in Goals (70) Assists (107) Points (177) & PP Goals (23) 1982-83.

Now I will say in no way could one have envisioned the level of success they had but not surprised they had success in the NHL. Of course everyone has their own set of criteria as to what it means to them.

I would go with a guy like Hedican (who has been mentioned and drafted out of High School) or Guy Hebert who was a lower round pick out of D-2 College. Of course both of these guys had more success wearing a jersey other than the Bluenote.

STLBlueshistory is offline   Reply With Quote