View Single Post
Old
12-19-2012, 12:54 PM
buddahsmoka1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky View Post
Care to elaborate why, because most people who've experienced both systems would strongly disagree with you.

The only perceived advantage in Qc is the lower tuition fees but to me, this is more of an disadvantage wrapped in an advantage, because the offset of that is lower quality of our universities, lab, teachers, etc...
I don't see how you can make this dichotomy.

Montreal has four solid schools on the island alone:

UdeM
McGill
UQAM
Concordia

Universite de Montreal has excellent research, some of the best in the country and is ranked well globally as well. Institutes like Ecole Polytechique de Montreal and HEC are the best of their kind in the country. McGill is a solid research university in the world. Concordia is the largest school in the country has one of the best business schools. UQAM is a decent school as well.

I really wonder how you guys keep saying all your standards are so low because of low tuition, yet Montreal has some of the best research institutes in the country, and definitely the highest concentration of them.

I just think you guys are way too critical of Montreal. This is coming from an outsider, you should be proud of what this city has in terms of higher education. It is no surprise that Montreal consistently ranks high on university city rankings globally.