View Single Post
12-19-2012, 12:58 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Jagorim Jarg View Post
Looking forward to your contributions with the new material

BTW - If you ran a blog with highlights from old THN issues, I'd subscribe to it and I'd check it every day.
I've thought about starting something like that, but I honestly don't know if there would really be that much interest for it to be honest.

Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
by the way, I'm sure that now that you've fulfilled your goal, you won't mind sharing your source. Where did you find these issues? I am obviously not looking in the right places.
There hasn't really been a specific source for my issues, it's just been a matter of luck. I had already owned every issue since 2000 or so from subscribing. Then I remember buying a set of 10 issues from a guy on ebay a few years back, then contacting him to see if he had more. Turned out he had about 300 issues and he was looking to get rid of them. Then I found a guy in Sarnia through kijiji who was willing to sell me basically every issue from the late 70's all the way to the late 80's for $100 I believe it was. That was a steal.

Then I would contact Lee Zats of THNSales (great guy) every so often to fill some holes in my collection for random issues/volumes I needed. He contacted me a few weeks back, as he was in liquidating mode, and I was able to purchase 58-59 through 75-76.

So really, I've just been lucky to find people who have been willing to sell large lots. The hardest part has been finding the odd specific issue here and there.

Interested in checking out 50+ years worth of covers from "The Hockey News?" Check out my collection here:
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote