Old
12-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagorim Jarg View Post
Looking forward to your contributions with the new material

BTW - If you ran a blog with highlights from old THN issues, I'd subscribe to it and I'd check it every day.
I've thought about starting something like that, but I honestly don't know if there would really be that much interest for it to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
by the way, I'm sure that now that you've fulfilled your goal, you won't mind sharing your source. Where did you find these issues? I am obviously not looking in the right places.
There hasn't really been a specific source for my issues, it's just been a matter of luck. I had already owned every issue since 2000 or so from subscribing. Then I remember buying a set of 10 issues from a guy on ebay a few years back, then contacting him to see if he had more. Turned out he had about 300 issues and he was looking to get rid of them. Then I found a guy in Sarnia through kijiji who was willing to sell me basically every issue from the late 70's all the way to the late 80's for $100 I believe it was. That was a steal.

Then I would contact Lee Zats of THNSales (great guy) every so often to fill some holes in my collection for random issues/volumes I needed. He contacted me a few weeks back, as he was in liquidating mode, and I was able to purchase 58-59 through 75-76.

So really, I've just been lucky to find people who have been willing to sell large lots. The hardest part has been finding the odd specific issue here and there.