View Single Post
Old
12-19-2012, 04:09 PM
YaGirlCheatinOnUs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KovalSNIPE View Post
Just started a new GM the other day with Chicago with the updated CHL Rosters (Matteau, McDavid, Jones etc.) and everyone listen to me when I say that Drouin becomes an absolute beast in the game...and very quickly! He came out the draft as a 77, so I started him as my 2nd line center right away while moving Kane to first-line RW (Hossa as 2nd RW). He finished with only 38PTS (21G, 17A, +35), but jumped up to an 85! Next year, even though I had Toews, Drouin was having amazing chemistry with Hossa, so I bumped both of them to my 1st line and Drouin exploded. He finished with 55G (won Maurice Richard), 51A, +47 (won Selke) for a total of 106 PTS (won Art Ross). His playoffs aren't that great as he only has a .5 PPG average. Going into my 3rd year, he's now a 90! Made Toews expendable because I picked up Dalpe off waivers and he jumped from an 80 to 84 making him my 2nd line C.

Also, traded for Morgan Rielly (TOR wanted to trade him for some reason), but he wasn't ready for pro's yet, so I finished the year. He ended up an 82 ovr, so I played him with Jones (who I drafted 1st ovr and was an 81) in the AHL, and they also destroyed:

Rielly: 76GP, 24G, 68A, 92PTS
Jones: 76GP, 19G, 71A, 90PTS

Next offseason, Rielly jumped from an 82 to 87 and Jones went from an 81 to 89, both becoming my top line! 2nd pairing is Dougie Hamilton and Aaron Ekblad. I traded Keith and Toews to Tampa for a 1st rounders and solid prospects because they traded away their top goalie and had NO ONE decent in goal for the next couple seasons. Their highest goalie was a 68 so I expect them to be a top pick for the next couple years.

So anyway, Jones and Drouin become monsters quickly (2-3 years), while MacKinnon is still only a 79 (playing 4th line on NJ). I might trade Kane or Hossa for him to reunite him and Drouin.
This was a crazy write up! I'm gonna draft Drouin in my next draft or trade for him. I thought he would be a beast in the game too.

Keep us updated.