View Single Post
Old
12-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Elever
Hth

vCash: 500
Mine's were Kamensky, Sakic, Forsberg, Kariya, Blake, and Sundin. I'm an Avs fan so that's why 4 of them are on there though Blake joined in the 2000s. I grew up watching HNIC so Sundin was the only notable Leaf in the late 90s once many of the others like Wendel Clark were fading or Gilmour being moved around. Kariya was fun to watch and just a nice guy who played for Canada as well. One more I'd maybe add is Theo Fleury. I didn't see him that much but youtube now and even from back then I remember he played with a lot of intensity despite the small size Watching videos now it's really fun to watch some of the smooth skating dmen who can move the puck and provide offensively like Bourque, Leetch, Zubov, Ozolinsh, etc. You tend not to pick up on that stuff as much when you're young.

Just to get an aggregate list thing going, here's a list of very notable retired players to play in the 90s (it's probably missing some notable ones but these guys all had decently lengthy NHL careers and were good at some point). The ones around the beginning all played good chunks in the 80s as well and retired in 2000 or before but played a decent amount up to 96/97 so I included them. Someone who wants a project should do a ranking of the 90s top 100 ....I was still a kid so don't remember it clearly enough.

Last edited by Trebek: 12-19-2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Removed long copy-and-paste list
Elever is offline   Reply With Quote