Thread: Line Combos: Defence (minus Cowen/Gonchar)
View Single Post
Old
12-19-2012, 07:29 PM
LeTigre

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Rule View Post
Interesting idea. I do think we would need to give up quite a bit more than B prospects to get him though. Like Zibabnejad and/or Noesen. No way we get away with giving up a Da Costa or Boroweicki as the main piece in the trade.

That said... It could be a deal that makes a ton of sense for both sides. Calgary desperately needs young and good prospects and we have too many almost. We have tons of cap space. I would trade Zibanejad, Pumpel, and Da Costa for Jaybo. Or something of similar value.

So you get Jaybo and you can fill a good 23-24 minutes of ice time (down from his 26/27 minutes he gets now... hopefully he improves?)

Karlsson/Methot
Gonchar/JayBo
Phillips/Lundin/Weircoch/Benoit
You are right insofar as it will require more than my initial offer to land Bouwmeester.

One thing to consider is that the consensus is that he is overpaid by about 2 million per. That salary dump component weighs against the return Calgary will garner to a certain extent.

Additionally, they will demand a defenseman to step in and take minutes, in order to partially mitigate the loss of Bouwmeester. I see three options; Ceci, Wiercioch, and Boroweicki. I would be open to including any of those three in a package.

Plenty of forwards to choose from, but the forward included would depend on the defenseman included.

LeTigre is offline   Reply With Quote