View Single Post
Old
12-19-2012, 10:13 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
hockey sense is very good to have.. does he hit or does he shy away from contact? does he block shots?? how is he in front of the net? how is his skating and backchecking and is he a winger or a center and if center how is he on faceoffs offensive zone and defensive zone? i dont know much about him..one of the prospects i least know anything about.
He's not a two-way forward at all but he's smart so he reads plays well.

All you need to know is that he started the year on the 3rd and 4th lines, and even though the Wolverines suck this year, it's still a veteran team and Nieves has centered both top two lines as of late. He's played both wing and center.

The kid is just a great passer, but he's always looking to pass. He's got an underrated accurate wrist shot but he doesnt use it.

He's tied for 2nd in Freshman scoring in the CCHA and leads the Wolverines in assists.

Kid's a stud. Pure offense. His passing abilities and ice vision remind me of Andrew Cassels...or a bigger, faster version of Craig Janney.

I wont compare him to Savard because I think Savard was a better goal scorer. But there are similarities.